Friday, February 01, 2008

Everything must come to an end

Thank you to everyone who looked at this journal and I hope it was helpful in following what we were doing in Africa. The trip was very enjoyable and at the same time tiring. I now know why Africans take naps in the middle of the day, by sleeping they avoid the most sun intense part of the day and it also rejuvenates for the afternoon and evening. Certain areas I would definitely like to go back to and spend a little more time there, and obviously there are things I am content with experiencing once. The most enjoyable part of the trip for me would have to be seeing the schools and just the atmosphere of the African society. My least favorite part was constantly being heckled by people. I didn't mind talking to people who actually wanted to have a conversation, as in Joe. It was the people who just wanted to get money out of your pockets. If you have any questions feel free to either ask me in person or write a comment with the question in it. "It's nice to be nice" and it's nice to be home.

No comments: